Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Vinyl Picture Frame and Card

Here is a project I made for my bff 's (sister) lil girl. The project was simple but made with lots of love. Its an ordinary picture I picked up at Wal-mart for like $3.00, ( I think). The backing is light pink glitter cardstock from DCWV glitter stack cut at 8 x 10. The butterfly was made on the gypsy using the gypsy wanderings cartridge fit to the size of the 8 x 10 frame. The paper is foil paper by Hot Off the Press that I bought from HSN back in February. The name is done with cricut vinyl, and placed on the inside of the glass. I used Gypsy Font for the S and Cursive 101 for the rest of the name and welded the letters together on the Gypsy.
The sketch for this card is actually from challenge # 14 on the OWH Stars and Stamps: Sketch challenge. Here is the site if you would like more details. http://www.owhstarsandstamps.org/search/label/Sketch%20Challenge This was my first card challenge with them and look forward to many more in the future.
The card is a simple 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 standard card. The base of the card was cuttlebugged with the Spots and Dots Embossing folder. The foil strip was scraps left from the butterfly and border punched with the Martha Stewart Scalloped Dot Edger punch. The ribbon is a brown American craft ribbon I picked up at Big Lots for a $ 1.00. The cupcake was cut using the From my Kitchen cartridge cut at 4 inches and layered accordingly. The sentiment is stamped on a couple of ovals and Stamped with a dollar stamp I bought at Michael's. Thanks for stopping by and Have a great day.

4 comments:

  1. very cute. I like it alot

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the dry embossed piece in the background. Very nice touch to the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the embossing and this color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Samantha will love it. And it will go beautifully in her new bedroom. You do some pretty great things here.

    Love ya sis.

    ReplyDelete